Today, Sunday 3 December we celebrate a number of firsts as we begin our preparations Christmas.
In all 4 churches of our Parish, a special Blessing of Liturgical Ministers took place to acknowledge and bless all those who have committed to ministry within the Mass in our Parish.
The first symbols were hung on the Jesse Tree:
The apple, The Arc, The Ladder, The Coat
At St Francis de Sales Fr. David continued his tradition of a special blessing for first time Altar Servers.
“The Synod of the Archdiocese of Wellington was held over the weekend of 15–17 September 2017 and attended by 320 participants from parishes, schools, religious orders and Archdiocesan bodies. The Archbishop of Wellington, Cardinal John Dew, has accepted the recommendations made by the participants and is now promulgating – formally declaring – the recommendations as the directions and priorities for the Archdiocese to help shape and lead its direction now and for coming years.”
– From WelCom – A newspaper for the Wellington and Palmerston North Catholic Dioceses
- The Soup Kitchen’s 14 Hours Homeless event
- The Dawn Service at Our Lady’s Home of Compassion to begin the day of celebration for the rededication, Blessing of the Final Resting Place for Suzanne Aubert and the 125th Anniversary of the founding of the Sisters of Compassion by the Venerable Suzanne Aubert.
- David Haas liturgical music Workshops
- 100 YEARS OF FATIMA – Celebrating our Lady’s birthday and the Fatima centenary
- Our Samoan Community Families Celebrated White Sunday at St Anne’s.
- A Liturgical Ministries formation afternoon for the Parish was held on Sunday Afternoon. Fr Joe Grayland lead a reflection on the role of these ministries within the Mass and shared his insights and for some of us three new words to explore further: Leitourgia; Diakonia; Martyria
Two of the ideas presented that stood out for me were:
Trinity is the source of all service and is expressed in our worship.
The Holy Spirit binds the Father and Son together, they are the integral Trinity.
- The Sisters of St. Peter Claver Held their Annual fundraising Multi Cultural Mission Concert.
- Portuguese Mass scheduled to be celebrated at Suzanne Aubert Chapel at St Joseph’s
- Devine Mercy Devotions at St Francis de Sales and St Anne’s
- Life Teen at St Anne’s on Sunday Evening
Whakawhetai ki te Atua!
The day will focus on our future plans and direction as a parish.